Course Name and Number
To go directly to your class conference, click here: Go To Discussion.
For instructions on using the Motet conferencing system, continue reading below:
If your class is using web-based conferencing to discuss topics outside of class, you will need to learn how to read submissions to your class conference and how to submit your own posting.
The following is a brief set of instructions on how to use your class conference.
Once you click on the Go To Discussion link above, a new window will open. You will be asked to log on. You should log on using the SAME username and password that you use to log on to midd-unix.
When you've logged on, the following is a basic procedure you may want to follow:
2. Choose YourClass conference by clicking on the link.
3. In the drop down box next to
Topics, select 'all topics', then
4. To follow a topic, click on the total at the end of each topic to see all of the messages.
5. Scroll down to see messages that have been posted to this topic.
6. To post your own message, fill in the white box at the bottom of the page with your remarks.
Press to get your message sent.
7. At this point, you can press:
to this topic homepage
to leave the system.
You should always press at the end of your Motet session, so that other people can not access your Motet account and make postings in your name.
It is strongly recommended that when you first go to Motet's main page that you click on the Help button and take the 10 minute Tutorial.