|Course Name and Number|
To go directly to your class conference, click here: Go To Discussion.
For instructions on using the Motet conferencing system, continue reading below:
If your class is using web-based conferencing to discuss topics outside of class, you will need to learn how to read submissions to your class conference and how to submit your own postings.
The following is a brief set of instructions on how to use your class conference.
Once you click on the Go To Discussion link above, a new window will open. You will be asked to log on. You should log on using the SAME username and password that you use to log on to email with Outlook.
When you've logged on, the following is a basic procedure you may want to follow:
1. Choose YourClass conference by clicking on the link from your hotlist.
2. In the
drop down box next to List Topics, select
'all topics', then click on
4. To follow a topic, click on that topic.
5. Scroll down to see messages that have been posted to this topic.
6. To post your own message, fill in the white box at the bottom of the page with your remarks.
Press to get your message sent.
7. Once you've posted your message, you will see it appear above the blank posting box. To see other postings you can use the posting icons to navigate.
By moving your mouse over the appropriate icon, a small text box will appear explaining what that button does. The icon above with the cursor on it will move you back to the first posting so that you can see all of the postings to that topic.
8. When you've finished using the system, click on the exit icon to leave the program. You should always click the icon at the end of your Motet session, so that other people can not access your Motet account and make postings in your name.
It is strongly recommended that when you first go to Motet's main page that you click on the Help button and read the documentation.