The metal man on a pedestal Ryukhin sees at the end of Chapter 6 is obviously the statue of Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin (1799-1837) on Pushkin Square, the junction of the Boulevard Ring and Tverskaya. The bronze statue of Pushkin was designed by Alexander Opekushin and erected in 1880. For its inauguration, Dostoevsky came from St. Petersburg and gave a famous speech on the genius of Pushkin. Today the statue stands on the Northeast side of Tverskaya. In Bulgakov's day it stood on the Southwest, in the middle of Tverskoy Boulevard.
The Pushkin Monument in the 20s, on the Tverskoy Boulevard side of the square.