Pushkin Square, named for Alexander Pushkin, is located on the Boulevard Ring at the junction of Tverskaya. In this 1920s photo Tverskaya runs from left to right, while the trees of the Boulevard Ring are visible on the diagonal. Ryukhin would have come back to the city down Tverskaya (from our right) and turned right down the boulevard toward Griboyedov.
At the center of the square is a famous statue of Pushkin, the metal man on the pedestal. In 1950 Stalin had the statue moved to the other side of ul. Gor'kogo (Tverskaya).